Sunday, November 8, 2009

cupcake showdown...

I posted something about red velvet cupcakes on facebook one time and got a huge response telling me to try other peoples' favorite cupcake places.  One of those places was Sprinkles in L.A.  My friend and I decided to do a taste test for red velvet cupcakes between Sprinkles and my friend's favorite red velvet at La Provence (both in Beverly Hills).  Upon arrival at Sprinkles on a Sunday afternoon, we found ourselves standing in a short line with other cupcake enthusiasts.  We witnessed a young man feeding his german shepherd a doggie cupcake from Sprinkles.  The doggy didn't appear to be thrilled.  We got our nicely decorated cupcakes pretty quickly.
After making our purchase at Sprinkles, we headed to La Provence (about 5-10 minutes away) to pick up another red velvet for the true taste test.  We got there during a bustling lunch hour. I quickly spotted their gigantic red velvet cupcake.  It probably serves 8-10 people.  Incredibly beautiful!  We ordered their small, regular size red velvet cupcake and headed home.

After the first bite, I voted for Sprinkles and my friend voted for La Provence.

I guess it's a draw in the cupcake war.  Let me know where your favorite cupcakes come from.

No comments: